Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treat customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area.
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years. We are actively looking for new members to join our POWERful team.
We are searching for a dependable individual with a can-do attitude to assist our customers with all transactions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring all walk-in and pick-up orders are properly closed out (i.e. paid, signed for, and invoiced), and processing credit and debit transitions.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and calculate bills using cash registers, computers or calculators
- Greet customers entering establishments/ thank them while exiting or closing out their order
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Answer phones, direct callers, and efficiently dispatch them to the proper person, department or voicemail
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide correctly
- The ability to take direction and think on your feet
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- May be required to look at a computer screen for long periods of time
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual is a plus!
- Flexible Scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunities
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and Dental- Principal
- Group term life insurance- BlueCross BlueShield
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discounts
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.