Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full-time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treat customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area.
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years. We are actively looking for new members to join our POWERful team.
The Commercial Associate is to be the face of the Commercial Sales division to all customers when walking in or calling with a commercial sales-related inquiry. The Commercial Sales Associate takes orders, provides quotes, handles follow-up calls, develops relationships with customers, tracks orders, picks orders, maintains product knowledge, and answers phone/e-emails from customers on a day-to-day basis. He/she seeks to meet the needs of all customers and help to grow the goals of the Sales Department and Russo Power Equipment through their interaction with customers honestly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Greet customers at the counter in a timely and professional manner
- Assist customers in finding the proper product(s) for their specific need
- Uphold and maintain the visual standard within the store, primarily your department
- Maintain relationships with current customers and build relationships with new customers
- Maintain a safe work environment within the department for customers and staff
- Complete accurate sales tickets and customer quotes
- Developing a deeper knowledge to Russo’s equipment, parts, services, warranties, product uses, and product reviews
- Corresponding with customers with follow-up calls and emails on orders, special events, and sales
- Develop knowledge of brands used within our industry, both OEM and aftermarket
- Other tasks as defined by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle phone calls and emails effectively
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good general computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of outdoor power equipment, landscaping or salt industry is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing between 40-50lbs
- Required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb to perform work
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- Flexible scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunity
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discount
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.