Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treats customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area.
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years. We are actively looking for new member to join our POWERful team.
The Service Associate at Russo Power Equipment acts as the primary point of contact for customers of the Service division. As such, the Service Associate’s responsibilities revolve around effectively communicating the needs of the customer to the other members of the service division as well as being able to communicate issues/services to the customer that will allow them to gain the most from their service experience.
- Greet customers at the counter in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide customers when they bring in machines and service
- Communicate with customers regarding quotes and completion of service
- Complete accurate service tickets and service quotes
- Uphold and maintain the visual standard within the store, primarily your department
- Maintain relationships with current customers and build relationships with new customers
- Maintain a safe work environment within the department for customers and staff
- Other tasks as defined by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess good and general computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be very detail oriented and organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle phone calls and emails effectively
- Knowledge of outdoor power equipment, landscaping or salt industry is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Service writing experience in commercial lawn, auto or similar
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing between to 40-50lbs
- Required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb to perform work
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- May be required to look at a computer screen for long periods of time
- Flexible scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunity
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discount
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.