Small Engine/Diesel Mechanic (Entry-Master level)
Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treats customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area.
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years. We are actively looking for new members to join our POWERful team.
The main responsibility of the Mechanic within the Service Division is to efficiently complete the required service/maintenance noted on a work order so that the customer may use their equipment in full working order in a timely manner. We are looking for a dependable go getter that can determine the causes of operating errors, find quick effective solutions, ability to follow direction, and great time management skills.
- Troubleshoot issues on equipment brought in by customers: landscaping equipment, snow removal equipment, hydraulic systems, diesel engines, small farm equipment etc.
- Competently and quickly diagnose equipment issues daily
- Create estimates for equipment including all necessary parts and labor
- Work closely with service counter staff and parts staff
- Develop relationships with current customers, and build relationships with new customers
- Offer preventative maintenance suggestions for equipment that is in for service
- Work with guidelines presented by manufacturers regarding warranty service
- Build new products as needed
- Follow Russo Power’s safe work practices
- Maintain a safe work environment by performing housekeeping duties
- Any additional duties related to the service department assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to determine causes of operating errors and find solutions
- Ability to see details at a close range
- Knowledge of workplace safety when operating equipment and handling tools
- Great time management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining organization
- Previous small engine experience is a plus
- Previous forklift experience is a plus- we will provide certification
- Bilingual is a plus!!
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing between to 40-50lbs
- Required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb to perform work
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- May be required to look at the computer screen for long periods of time
- Flexible scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunity
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discount
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.